Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"A Syrian rights activist urged couples who live together outside of wedlock – cohabiting – to sign a contract stipulating the rights of both parties."

Erm excuse me? It's also called marriage you [omitted]! I'm not surprised half of Syria's intellectuals are still locked up. With campaigners like this who needs secret police?


Yazan said...

No wassim, it's called civil marriage, I'm sure you've heard of it, eh?

Maysaloon said...

But Yazan the article is about cohabiting couples, not couples who seek civil marriage. Essentially the activist is telling them that they need to get 'married' to guarantee their rights, but in the same breath he talks about "challenging the institution of marriage". Moo?