I made a recent observation for a fellow blogger recently about the use of language in their English blogs. I hold no claim to perfection, but I think we can all benefit and get our points across much more clearly to the English-speaking world, as Syrians, if we follow the following guidelines:
- Wait after typing your blog and read it a few hours later to see if it makes sense
- Check for spelling mistakes (Crucial and I can't tell you how annoying it is for me to spot them)
- Check for grammatical mistakes, read the article to yourself as "the reader" and see how well structured your argument is
- Some blogs on Syria planet are extremely well written, read them and copy their style if need be!
- If you are writing a political blog with lots of essays and articles, read this. I did and it has influenced me considerably! George Orwell is well, you get the picture. He knew what he was talking about when it came to writing in English and I think many of his examples can even apply to those who write their blogs in Arabic.
I hope this helps you all! Any questions, feel free to ask me.